Friday, December 26, 2014

Happy Boxing Day

Here’s the expanded version of yesterday since I did such a short post last night.  Boy were we ever tired (Sawyer stayed awake for 30 straight hours)! But it was a good travel day.  It went just as I described on Christmas Eve: Guangzhou to Hong Kong to Newark to Boston.  We counted that we had to show our passports eleven times yesterday through borders and airport check points.

Loving Ivan
It was interesting to travel into Hong Kong – there was an exit point from China and an entry point into Hong Kong where we got our temperatures taken (no SARS or Ebola for them!)  Then we switched over to driving on the left side of the road.  Fun.

As we drove into our neighborhood it felt so strange to think that we’d been in China and Hong Kong that same morning.  Once at home Susan did some exploring around.  She squealed with delight over the balloons that some of our neighbors put in our house.  More squealing over the puzzle that makes animal sounds.  She has such a fun personality.  She dances when she hears music.  She shares her food.  She’ll take a bite then offer some to us.  This makes me so happy because I think it means that she never had to go hungry (some newly adopted kids hoard their food for this reason, we understand). 

Hamming it up with the balloon ribbon
We’re so thankful to our various neighbors who looked after our house while we were away, picked up mail, left packages of goodies, and also brought over food so we wouldn’t need to go grocery shopping for a few days.

We’re so messed up on time.  My watch broke before boarding our flight in Hong Kong.  We got home and the power had gone out at some point so all our clocks were off. And our home phones have never allowed me to change the time from New Mexico to Boston time since we moved in the summer – I change them and a few hours later they’ve changed themselves back.  I’ve given up.  Our body clocks are messed up too.  We woke up early this morning and I was planning on giving Susan a nice nap this afternoon.  But we both fell asleep at 8am and slept until 1pm!


I’m planning on blogging for a few more days in case you are wondering.  I’ll let you know when my last post is but I’m expecting to be done by New Years.



First Present Opening (ever?)